I'm a lot into coloring with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers lately and since so many of you asked, I'm happy to share my favorite color combos.
If you're new to Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and you're wondering how I started using them, here's how I did it.
- I made a color chart of the markers I have. I got my first one from the Spectrum Noir website (I'm making a new one soon, trying out other layouts) Because the colors on the lids aren't that helpful, I really recommend doing this.
- I watched some of Spectrum Noirs videos on You Tube like this one: basic blending
- I was looking for combos on Pinterest but sadly didn't find any so I practiced and played around.
Here are some quick tipps...
- I start from light do dark but others do that differently. Just do what works for you.
- start small... Small areas are easier to practice with (at least for me). These Lawn Fawn stamps were perfect for me.
- I often use a flicking (or sometimes circular) motion to add the color to avoid harsh lines.
- Not every paper works well with those markers. I use "SN ultra smooth premium white" cardstock but you could use any alcohol marker friendly paper that works for you.
- I use Memento Tuxedo Black ink with my SM markers.
- I also have a 0.25 Copic Multiliner pen. It's a pigment pen that is water and copic proof and works with SM markers too.
And if you have some questions, feel free to ask in the comments below. I'll try to answer them in part two as well.
Please remember that the fotos do not always show the exact colors due to sunlight, time of the day...
The combo for the octipus is not so easy to blend. I used the "palette blending" technique.
For the cup: FS2, GB1 & TN2 are for the cup / TN2, TN3, TN5 for the coffee
AND ... this is not sponsored by Spectrum Noir.
>>> Yes, BLUES and GREENS are missing here... Here's part two ->>> more color combos
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a COLORFUL day :-)