Hello and welcome to a new Wednesday Sketch Challenge inspiration. We have new ideas and sketches for your every week to get inspired and play along! :-)
- Before I will put away my Christmas stamps, I wanted to make one more (kind of) last minute card. The triangles from the sketch looked like fir trees to me, so I went through my stash of Christmas sets looking for them. I fount the adorable Present Time set illustrated by Birdie Brown and immediately knew that I wanted to use it.
- stamp the trees and the snowman unto watercolor paper using a black waterresistant ink
- color the images using watercolor markers and a water brush
- die cut or fussy cut the images
- do some simple ink blending for the snowy hill using Distress Oxide Ink (Tumbled Glass), a stencil and a blending tool
- glue the trees in place and add the snowman with a bit of foam tape
- stamp the greeting and some snowflakes with the same Distress Oxide Ink you had used for the hills
- cut a stripe of patterned paper to size and glue it in place
- add some Stickles (Frosted Lace) to the project for some sparkle
- A simple stripe of patterned paper can add a fun but easy twist to your card. It is a great way to use up those leftover pieces of paper.
Join the fun and meet us on the My Favorite Things Blog for more information about how you can play along and to get inspired by the Design Team.
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day,